Rules & Reminders
- Prompt registration allows our staff to prepare appropriately for each session. Pre-registration is strongly encouraged.
- Learn to Skate classes are limited in size so that our coaches can give the necessary attention to each student. Avoid a $10 late fee by pre-registering.
- Arrive 30 minutes before the first class to receive your class assignment, get properly fitted for skates, and become familiar with the building.
- Returning students should arrive in enough time to get skates on and participate in the 15-minute warm-up.
- Parents, please watch from the lobby. Skaters are easily distracted if parents or loved ones are standing near the walls.
- Practice, practice, practice - this is how dreams come true!
What to Wear
- Wear warm and comfortable, stretchy clothing that allows for easy movement.
- Children need gloves or mittens and should wear long pants.
- As rink temperatures vary, dressing in layers is a good idea.
- Socks should be thin rather than thick.
- Helmets and knee pads are recommended for beginning skaters.
Watch the Learn to Skate USA Orientation video to be best prepared for your first day of Learn to Skate.
Rules & Safety
Safety and courtesy are of utmost importance. Each skater must respect the rights of others to make effective use of their ice time. Our Coaching Staff and Skating Director have the responsibility and authority to enforce all rules and ensure the safety of all skaters and may ask a skater to leave the ice or withdraw from the session. Intentionally harming other skaters, physically or verbally, will not be tolerated. No refunds will be given for dismissals due to behavioral issues.
Parents & Guardians
You must be present during class time. Please do not leave your children at the facility. If a child needs to exit the ice at any time, the instructors are not responsible for your child while they are off the ice.