Pelham Skate School
The Pelham Civic Complex & Ice Arena is home to the Pelham Skate School, providing instruction for the beginning figure skater, hockey player, or recreational skater, with classes for students of all ages and levels. Beginning levels of ice skating are taught through the guidelines of Learn to Skate USA.
All of our Skate School coaches and our Director of Skating are Learn to Skate USA Certified Coaches and members of U.S. Figure Skating and/or USA Hockey and the Birmingham Figure Skating Club. All of our Private Coaches are members of the Professional Skater's Association, Learn to Skate USA, the Birmingham Figure Skating Club, and U.S. Figure Skating.
Whether your interest lies in healthy competition or simply in recreation and exercise, the Pelham Skate School provides a well-balanced professional atmosphere for learning. Group classes are offered on an eight-week schedule, meeting once a week.
All Learn to Skate participants become members of Learn to Skate USA, representing the Pelham Skate School from July 1, 2022, to June 30, 2023. Membership is included in the registration fee.
- January 16 through March 6 - Session 1
- March 13 through May 8 - Session 2
- May 15 through June 27 - Session 3 (off May 29, June 14)
- July 5 through August 19 - Session 4 (off July 12, 26, August 5)
- August 21 through September 30 - Session 5 (off September 4)
- October 9 through November 15 - Session 6
- November 27 through December 20 - Adult and Homeschool Minimester (off Nov 20-25)
- November 18 through December 15 - Holiday Show Practices (off Nov 20-25)
- More session dates are TBA, all dates are subject to change
Learn about awards our teams and groups have won, including the Team Trophy at Skate Nashville.
There are classes for one and all to learn how to ice skate at the Civic Complex!
The Pelham Civic Complex and Ice Arena is a dual surface facility and is home to the Birmingham Figure Skating Club. We have a verity of coaches that are very dedicated and passionate about the sport of figure skating. The goal of our skate school is to help you grow as an individual and reach your recreational or competitive goals.
Looking to enhance your learning experience? Private lessons are a great way to help your skater focus on and improve skills that might be giving them trouble or to achieve and enhances the skills they already know.
Check out rules and reminders, including arrival instructions and what to wear for lessons.