Where can I set-up my food truck?
  • All food trucks must be located off of the public rights-of-way
  • No food truck may operate past the hours of operation of the business in which they are located, or 11:00 p.m., unless they have the mayor’s written approval.
  • You may only operate in areas zoned non-residential unless you have obtained a permit from the Parks and Recreation Department to operate in city mini-parks or have HOA approval to operate in local neighborhoods.
  • All food trucks must have written approval of the business owner for each location at which the food truck operates.  
  • All food trucks must have a business license from the City of Pelham to operate in the city.
  • No food truck shall operate in excess of three consecutive days in any one location.
  • No food truck shall operate on more than two individual sites per day.
  • No more than 1 food truck shall operate on the same site per day without the mayor’s written approval.
  • Food trucks shall not be located within 200 feet of the main entrance of the nearest restaurant during the restaurant’s posted hours of operation.
  • No food trucks shall be located a minimum of 25’ away from any fire hydrant, sidewalk, utility box, ADA accessible ramps or building entrance.
  • No food truck shall occupy parking spaces required to fulfill the minimum requirement of a principal use.
  • No food truck shall obstruct or encroach upon fire lanes, vehicular access ways or pedestrian walkways.
  • Food truck signage is limited to signage located on the mobile food unit.  No portable signage is allowed.
  • During the time of non-operation, the food truck and all associated vehicles, including any tables, chairs and umbrellas, etc. must be removed from the premises.

Show All Answers

1. Do I qualify as a food truck?
2. Do I need a business license?
3. Where can I set-up my food truck?
4. What are the permitted hours of operation for food trucks?
5. Who is responsible for food and trash disposal?
6. Are there restrictions on sounds/signage?
7. What other agencies must grant approval for food trucks?