Drivers Licenses & Vehicle Registration

Drivers Licenses

You may obtain, renew or replace your Alabama Drivers License at the Shelby County Services Building in Pelham, located at 1018 County Services Drive. The State ALEA office is open with road tests, permit tests, out-of-state transfers. STAR ID’s must be obtained at the ALEA office. Read other documentation requirements.

Vehicle Registrations

You must register/renew your vehicle in your county of residence, so if you've recently moved to Pelham from outside of Shelby County, you will need to present proof of residency at the Shelby County Services Building (address above). If you have moved within Shelby County in the last 12 months, you can now update your address by emailing your info to the Shelby County Vehicle Registration OfficeRead other documentation requirements.